If you're seeing a CSRF error message (a big red messy error) when logging into your HomeGuide.com account, don’t panic. There is a solution and you can find help below.
Why does this happen?
This error message means that your browser couldn’t create a secure cookie, or couldn’t access that cookie to authorize your login. This can be caused by ad- or script-blocking plugins, but also by the browser itself if it's not allowed to set cookies.
It can also happen when you try to access your account on a new browser tab, while you are logged into your account through an old browser tab that you maybe forgot about. Be sure to close all your browser tabs for HomeGuide.com, then try again. If you still get the error after closing all old HomeGuide.com tabs, then you can address this issue, using these steps (depending on your browser):
- Open Chrome Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on Advanced.
- In the Privacy and Security section, click on Content Settings.
- Click on Cookies.
- Next, to Allow, click Add.
- Type [*.]homeguide.com and click Add.
- Under All cookies and site data, search for HomeGuide.com, and delete all HomeGuide.com-related entries.
- Reload Chrome and log into HomeGuide.com.
- Go to Firefox's Preferences -> Privacy & Security menu.
- In the History section, select "Use custom settings for history" from the drop-down menu.
- Click on Exceptions and whitelist HomeGuide.com.
- Scroll down to Offline Web Content and User Data.
- Delete HomeGuide.com's offline data from the list at the bottom of that page.
- Reload Firefox and log into your HomeGuide.com account
- Open Safari Preferences from the drop-down menu in the navigation bar or by typing Cmd + (⌘,).
- Click the Privacy tab and make sure that "Cookies and website data" is set to either "Always allow" or "Allow from websites I visit".
- Click on the Manage Website Data button to see all locally stored website data.
- Search for “HomeGuide.com” and remove all HomeGuide.com-related entries.
- Reload Safari and log into HomeGuide.com account.
If you continue to see the same problem after doing this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.